|Posted by Chris on July 26, 2016 at 11:10 AM|
Our 11th annual CSTS Pittsburgh shindig at the Hollywood Theater is just days away! I'll be checkin' in from time to time this week to let you know some things you ought to know if you're planning to misbehave with us this weekend, as well as to tease some of the shinier aspects of the event.
First of all, let's talk about transport. Some of you may know that Potomac Avenue (the street where you'll find the Hollywood Theater) has been under construction for some time, and if you drive by there during the week, you'll find there's no access. I've been assured that on the weekends they do open the street to traffic though, and I have it on good authority that on a Saturday evening we'll all have vehicular access to the Hollywood.
As for parking, the construction will no doubt affect the available parking on the street, but there is a pay-to-park lot on West Liberty Avenue near the intersection with Potomac, and if you'd rather not deal with meters, the fine folk at North Way Christian Community Church have once again very generously allowed us the use of their parking lot (almost directly across from the Hollywood) for the evening.
So everything's shiny, not to fret.
What about food, you ask? Well, keep in mind that the Hollywood only sells standard movie concessions, so if you are a firm believer that man cannot live on popcorn alone, you may want to grab something to eat before the event. There are all manner of restaurants on Potomac Avenue-- pizza, gyros, you name it-- and there's an Eat N Park on West Liberty within walking distance of the theater too. The crew and I plan to grab a bite at Fredo's Deli right next door to the Hollywood before we get to work. I cannot recommend them highly enough. Not only have they generously opened their back room to us for CSTS events in the past, but their food is simply delicious. I had a Ranchero steak hoagie there last week that I'd arm-wrestle a Reaver for! Think Kaylee biting into that strawberry. Yeah, that good! But why take my word for it. Stop in and see for yourself.
Now, for them as might want to imbibe some of the best of beverages that make you blind at this year's CSTS Pittsburgh event, here is the Hollywood Theater's alcohol policy:
1. It's all BYOB.
2. Only beer and wine are permitted.
3. No alcohol is permitted in the balcony of the theater.
And here are some reminders from CSTS Pittsburgh:
1. In this corner of the 'verse, you still have to be 21 to drink, so don't bring or drink any alcohol if you're not at least 21 years old, and if you are 21, don't provide any to anyone who's not. If you do and you get pinched by the "purple bellies," we will not come to your aid. Dong ma?
2. "When you can't run you crawl, and when you can't do that, you find someone to carry you." We Browncoats look out for one another, and that means if that quote from "The Message" starts to apply to you because you've had a bit too much of the "stupid fluid," we will not let you leave the Hollywood even if it means we have to get one of our "public relations" boys to take your keys while we call you a cab. So don't give us any trouble, or we might just have to explain to you what the chain of command is (politely--- for your own good, of course).
3. We want to maintain a good partnership with the Hollywood Theater, so if you bring in any bottles or cans, please dispose of them properly when you've emptied them.
That's it for now. Look for more updates coming soon, including a preview of some of the games you can play and prizes you can win as well as a few words about this year's live performance by Sean Faust.
Until then, keep flyin'.