|Posted by Chris on August 13, 2020 at 5:40 PM|
Howdy! I hope everyone is safe and healthy.
I'm sending this wave to give you some exciting news. Thanks to our friends and sponsors at Jump Cut Theater, movie and raffle tickets for our 15th annual CSTS Pittsburgh screening of "Serenity Under the Stars" are now available in exchange for appropriate donations to Equality Now and the Greater Pittsburgh Community Food Bank.
To make your donations and secure your movie reservations and raffle entries, go to the Tickets/Merchandise page and click on the link for Jump Cut Theater's site.
A couple of quick notes about the movie and our raffles:
1. Your $15 donation reserves one spot for you at our screening. It does not allow you to bring guests. One $15 donation = one person watching the Big Damn Movie. If others are coming with you, they have to make their own $15 donations. Anyone who shows up at the screening without a prior reservation will be asked to leave... politely.
2. Only 50 attendees are permitted due to COVID-19 restrictions. That includes me and my crew, so the actual number of available "tickets" is just over 40. That means if you want to reserve a spot at the screening, faster would be better.
3. Your $15 donation gets you 5 entries in each regular raffle and 1 entry in the "door-prize" raffle. If you've never seen the film before, you'll also be entered in our "first-time viewers" raffle.
4. If you have a reservation for the screening, you'll be notified approximately 24 hours in advance of the exact time and location of the event, either by email or text message or both.
5. If you come to the screening, you must wear a mask and observe social distancing. No exceptions!
6. If you select the "donation only" option, you'll receive 2 entries in each of the regular raffles for every $5 you donate. You cannot enter the "door-prize" or "first-time viewers" raffles by selecting this option, but you don't have to be present to win one of the regular raffles if you select this option either.
7. Each of our regular raffle prize baskets will be unique, but they'll be as similar as possible in value and shininess. We know we're asking you to purchase entries for our raffles sight-unseen this year, so you have our word as Browncoats that we'll make 'em worth your while (and money).
8. All raffle winners will be chosen in advance using a random number generator and announced at the screening.
9. The deadline for getting your movie reservations and raffle entries is 6pm EDT on Friday, September 4.
That about covers it. I hope to see you in South Park on Saturday, September 5 for "Serenity Under the Stars."
Stay safe and keep flyin'.
-- Cap'n Chris